Friday, August 2, 2019

Episode 198 - "Knitting soothes the troubled spirit" part 2

Fourteen months ago, in episode 166, we talked about crafting and the effects of depression, anxiety, sadness and grief. All of these feelings can be overwhelming and hinder the joy that we usually derive from our crafting and everyday life. Sometimes our crafting can be a lifeboat in a sea of these  feelings. In this episode, we revisit this topic, and reiterate how important it is to find a way to cope with these completely normal and natural feelings.

If you need professional guidance, please don't hesitate to reach out.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call 1-800-273-8255
Ayuda En Español
1-888-628-9454

What are we wearing?
Heartfelt by Veera Välimäki
Ease by Alicia Plummer

What are we stalking?
Milky Oolong by Susanna Winter
Breakaway Dogwood Shawl by Lisa Hounshell
Ripple Bralette by Jessie Mae Matinson
Quiet City by Melanie Berg
Moon Drip Swoncho by Dragon Hoard Designs


Thank-you to our sponsor infinite twist!










What are we knitting?
Maypop Hoodie by Susanna Winter
Cocoon by La Maison Rililie
Like a Cloud by Joji Locatelli

What have we finished?
Love Note by tincanknits
Sharlene's wee Love Note
Fairy Dust by Dani Sunshine
Magical Thinking by Casapinka

"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." 
- Elizabeth Zimmermann, Knitting Without Tears

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I was able to listen in on this on my way home from work yesterday. There is a great comfort in knowing I'm not alone in my grief and life struggles. I held on to every word and I do mean every word, as you spoke about the need to care for yourself while taking on the responsibilities of caring for others with major illness. I'm a person living with cancer, depression, autoimmune illness and carrying the grief of loosing a mom and sister within a month of each other. I, like the both of you, continue to craft my way through it all. I'm working on being more open about my struggles because when I do it's a healing for me and for others. I spoke briefly about this at the end of episode 13 of my podcast. Keep doing what you're doing. You are so appreciated and loved... Now I'm off to go back and find part one and get my colors of fall knitting on track!

    Much love and virtual hugs,
    Trish/tyedyediva

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to comment that Dragon hoard designs is also a yarn dyer (Dragon Hoard Yarn) and has a podcast with her mom! The girls in the yarn cafe. I absolutely love the colors she comes up with on her yarn

    ReplyDelete