Friday, September 15, 2017

Episode 149 - Knitting in fashion

What is style? What is fashion? And why do we pick the garments we pick to knit and make? Gayle and I get the discussion going on this interesting subject. I feel like we barely scratch the surface and hope you will join in the discussion in our Ravelry group. The seasons are changing and soon many of us will be changing from warm weather to cool weather or cool weather to warm weather clothing. It might be time to assess items, replace items, and welcome back old favorites into the wardrobe rotation.  We hope you enjoy this episode!
- Sharlene

What are we wearing?
Literally Over the Top by Megan Williams
Sharlene's Over the Top
Laar by Gudron Johnston
Gayle's Laar

What are we stalking?
Easy Peasy Fade Cowl by Heather Rhoads
Mini Stripe Cowl by Angie Kimel
French Macaroon by The Noble Thread
Summer Morning by Yulia Tkachenko
Ginga Top by Yoko Johnston
Ginga Top - winter sky by Yoko Johnston
Naima by Ankestrick
Frenchman's Bay Cape by Gayle Clow

What are we knitting?
Confetti by Veera Välimäki
Divvy by JumperCables
Marklee by Elizabeth Doherty
Annulaire by Hillary Smith Callis

What have we finished?
Dodging Rain Drops Cowl by Vanessa Ewing
Sharlene's Dodging Rain
Sharlene's Western Sky Knits Superwash chunky spin
Sharlene's Malabrigo Nube in Plomo
Painted Pixels Blanket by Susan Carlson
Gayle's Pixels Blanket
Cherry Bloom by Lene Tøsti
Gayle's Cherry Bloom (frogged)

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed listening to your conversation about knitting fashion. I tend to favor more classic styles so that I could wear things longer than a decade, but we'll see how that goes! I've been knitting 10 years now and made my first sweater in 2012 which was steeked so no going back on that one. I do have a sleeveless tunic style sweater I don't really wear any longer and do plan to rip it out and reknit the yarn into something else as soon as I find the right project. Love your podcast, thanks for continuing to put out episodes.

    Suzanne (BlueDogThreads)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete